Call for papers is now open. The theme for the conference is Art as Dialogue.
Participants can present a 45 minute paper (15 minutes must be allocated for dialogue with participants) or 1.5 hour hands-on workshop on the following themes:
- How the visual arts can foster young children’s exploration of the people, places, things and experiences that are meaningful to them.
- How the visual arts contribute to the development of young children’s working theories, stories, and understandings about the world.
- How children’s cultural citizenship can be fostered through their experiences and (re)interpretations of significant rituals, festivals, and ceremonies in their own culture, as well as those of others, through visual art learning experiences.
- How young children access and experience a nation’s art taonga (treasures) that are exhibited in art museums and galleries.
If presenters are concerned about the appropriateness of a topic you are welcome to consult with conference organisers prior to submission.
- Abstract deadline: end of May 2018.
- Presenter notification: end of June 2018.
Submitting your abstract
Abstract submission has now closed.